Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Never forget the basics.

There's nothing quite like a simple PB&J for when you're in a hurry. Of course, if you have celiac that could be a problem. Or if you're allergic to soy. It's rather remarkable how many brands of bread have soy in them.

I'm not entirely sure what to recommend for the soy thing, except pay really close attention to the ingredient labels. The gluten thing I can help with, though. There are a lot of gluten-free breads available, but I've found that several of them taste too much like plastic for my tastes. Food for Life has a good track record in my experience (and at least some of them are soy free, too), but everyone has their own tastes. All I can really recommend is trying them all out and picking a favorite. Though I do recommend staying away from anything that looks like regular white bread.

Hopefully the next post will have an actual recipe. I hope to try some bread pudding this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment